Monday, July 6, 2009

Living on 25 ... Further Adventures With The Spirit World



Living on 25 ... Further Adventures With The Spirit World





Ever since moving to my little space in the sky, I have been in the company of ghosts.

I don't really believe in ghosts, but then there is Larry, a lingering spirit from times past, who has a love-hate relationship with me. I suspect he was a nice enough chap at one time, but now, he seems a bit cranky and has a penchant for breaking stuff. Well, he doesn't do the breaking, but he somehow manages to manipulate me into breaking things.

Last week, I was making lemonade in an antique pitcher. For some reason, I placed the pitcher on a small counter, which I would never normally use, and wouldn't you know it, as I was running cold water, I turned to get the pitcher, and as I turned, my elbow caught it just ever so slightly, and it went crashing to the floor.

I simply smirked. This "accident" was merely one in a long line of similar "accidents" that have pretty much destroyed all the glassware that comes from my family's past.

So yesterday, I went out to a flea market to find a new/old pitcher, and I did find one for about $3.00, a good deal. It's pretty nondescript. Clear glass, but tall and nice, with a handle. Something one might mix martinis in, if one had a bottle of Vermouth around and one of those long glass stir sticks.

My real delight was finding a funky bowl. The vendor who sold me my new/old pitcher also had this wacky tricolour bowl for a mere $6.00. It's either a work of art or an abomination. I can't be sure, but I had to have it, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it was the red, white, and blue that caught my eye, although the red is more a red-orange.

I would use it for fruit, I guess, but that might send me into another war with the fruit fly population of Toronto.




I suspect, I'll just leave it empty for the time being and hope Larry is cool with having it around for awhile.

Copyright © Kennedy James, 2009. All rights reserved.

1 comment:





© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.
All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.