Tuesday, August 24, 2010

bring me ...





bring me ...

bring me wild flowers
sprinkle them over my body
the way you used to litter them
across open prairie fields
when i had the eyes of a child

bring me the warm spray of a sea coast
let it wash over my cheeks
and dissolve away the mask
of sorrow and regret
that i have worn for far too long

bring me a carpet of dried leaves
let me hear it crunch under my feet
and even when i walk down the silent concrete
streets of murder and fear
let its sound guide me home

bring me an icy mountain
let it rise in front of me in the fury of a storm
to teach me how small my place is here
when i climb the rickety ladder of pride
and believe i am more than i am


Copyright © Kennedy James, 2010. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment





© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.
All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.