Sunday, June 7, 2009

love is a river ...



love is a river






love is a river
it roars all around you
and slashes over you
in a strange eddies
of unrecognizable currents
a torrential force
that smashes you
into vaporous kisses
rising like steam
and falling like cool drizzle
all over your body
where you lay
pinioned under the debris by the shore
(and kiss me here and kiss me here and kiss me here
oh god, yes, kiss me always)


love is a promise
spilling over lips of sweet poison
that infects every part of you in an instant
and leaves you for dead
on a battlefield of feathers
where you lie
spread beneath a second body
bashing and crashing
above and into you
wanting only to revive you
or finish the murder
who can tell?
who can tell?
(tell me you'll love me always, tell me you'll never leave,
oh god, yes, tell me how to love you)


love is a hanging tree
where you sway in the wind
like a child's rag doll caught on a wire fence
it chokes you from life
constricts every blood vessel
until you succumb or surrender
to the will of another
until you choose to die
or choose to die
and just when you find the strength
to speak
you are cut free and fall to the ground
where you curl into a ball of pain
with barely enough strength left to whisper
(i never loved you, i never loved you,
oh god, no, i never loved you at all)



Copyright © Kennedy James, 2009. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you've done with the place....

    ReplyDelete





© Kennedy James. All rights reserved.
All material in this site is copyrighted under International Copyright Law. Reproduction of original content, in any form and in whole or in part, save for fair use exemption, is prohibited by the author of this site without expressed, written permission.